Frequently Asked Questions
The first step is to do an assessment to determine if the Davis Correction® Program is a suitable solution for their specific learning disability.
Based on the outcome of the assessment, the appropriate program will be suggested and the client will:
- Complete a one-on-one 30 hour program provided by a qualified Davis Dyslexia Correction® Facilitator.
- Be provided with tools to help them:
- Correct distorted perceptions that cause symptoms of dyslexia
- Control their energy levels
- Control their anxiety levels.
- Use their strong visual skills, to master the upper-and-lower -case alphabet. This will help them see the differences between confusing letters
- Learn how to track, sequence and process letters to improve their reading.
- Be given a list of trigger words that they will master through a creative, multi-sensory facilitation process.
- Lastly, support training is given to an individual that would help the client implement the program in their everyday live.
- Written by a Dyslexic, for Dyslexics.
- Addresses the cause of the problem and not just the symptoms.
- The Davis Method does not rely on phonics based instruction.
- The Davis Method does not enforce repetition or drill.
- The Davis method does not rely on physical devices such as colored overlays or large print books.
- It is an extensive, one-on-one 30 or 48 hour program and does not require indefinite weekly consultations.
- The Davis Method does not rely on medication or herbal treatments.
- The Davis Method ensures lasting results that are grounded in evidence based research.
- It is a facilitation process that works with each client's individual needs and uses their creativity to master concepts.
- We empower people to limit their difficulties and enhance their dyslexic gifting.
When dyslexic people make mistakes in reading or spelling, it is because they are experiencing disorientation, which results in distorted perceptions. Davis Orientation Counseling is one of the Davis tools that will help a person to recognize and control disorientations and distorted perception.
Davis Symbol Mastery™ is a method developed to utilize the visual thinker’s strong 3D skills. The client works with plasticine clay to form a 3D shape of all letters of the alphabet as well as a list of words that have been identified to cause confusion and is at the root of the learning difficulties the client experiences on a daily basis. Once these confusions are detected, they would be mastered following the Davis methods.
A licensed Davis Facilitator is required to complete a minimum of 400 training hours. The licensed Facilitators has an in-depth knowledge of the Davis Methods. Davis Dyslexia Association International has a very high level of excellence that each licensed facilitator adheres to.
The various Davis Programs are for children (from age 8) and adults.
|Assessment to determine if the program is suitable (Can be conducted over Skype if needed)||2 hours||R1 200|
|Davis Dyslexia Correction® (To improve reading, writing and spelling)||30 hours (5 days)||POR*|
|Davis Math Mastery™||48 hours (8 days)||POR*|
|Davis Attention Mastery™
(Improves ADD/ADHD symptoms)
|48 hours (8 days)||POR*|
*POR - Price On Request
Each program is tailored to the specific needs of the client. They will receive an amount of individual hours that range from 30 - 48 hours from a highly qualified Davis Facilitator. The fee works out to R770.00 per hour for undivided individual attention.
Michele completed her training under the guidance and instruction of two of the top Davis Specialist in the World.
Axel Gudmundsson - Director of Gifted Dyslexic and Capella House School, Davis facilitator and Gift of Dyslexia workshop presenter.
Michele completed a minimum of 400 hours before licensing.